Can't figure out account number

jcavenaugh
Contributor
Contributor

I only have a basic PayPal account and I have a 21 day hold on a paycheck I received. The sender accidentally used the wrong link to send me money and now PayPal thinks I sold something to that person. I tried to get them to cancel the transaction and haven't had any luck. I tried to call PayPal and before I can get any help they are asking for the last 4 digits of my account number. I thought my email address was my account number? What number are they referring too???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Chase

Hi @jcavenaugh,

Thank you for your post! I am sorry to hear there's a 21-day hold on your funds. If the payment was marked as a Goods and Services transaction, then the payment was most likely placed on a Funds Availability hold. If you have any other questions, you can reach customer support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal.

Chase

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.