Can't connect PayPay Mastercard to account, spent forever on hold, spent forever waiting online...

AndrewOH
New Community Member

PayPal used to allow you to connect to Prepaid Credit/Debit cards, then they stopped allowing this.

They came up with their own PayPal Mastercard that you could then "in theory" connect to your PP account. So I suck it up and pay the extra fess, no top of the fees PP is already collecting and get one of these cards. The temporary PP Mastercard could be connected, I had no problem there, was able to make my purchase, add funds, etc. Then the permanent card arrived and I can not connect it to my PP account. It "requires" a text to go via your mobile, PP has my correct phone number but I never receive a text; so I can not confirm. The option "Try Another Way" is offered and it's a loop, taking you back to texting to your phone number.

I spent forever in a phone help loop getting no where. I think re-logged into the online help, waited 1.5 hours, the guy jumps on, I miss him by 1 minute and I'm back to waiting again endlessly.

Any guidance or assistance would be appreciated. I've been a PayPal customer for a very, very long time.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi AndrewOH, 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such issues as it shouldn't be this complicated. It is normally a straight forward process. In my experience, if you are not able to confirm your phone number or you are not receiving any text messages then it may be that your phone number is registered to another account. If this is the case then it would need to be removed from this account and then you would have the option to confirm it. 

It could also be that your phone provider has a block on certain types of messages. I would recommend checking with them just in case. Going forward if you need help you can also contact us via email by clicking on the "Help & Contact" link and also via Facebook and Twitter, https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.