Can't confirm email address

MartinMogford
Contributor
Contributor
I have received an email saying someone has sent me money but it is not showing on my account? I have checked with the person who has paid and they have confirmed my email address is correct. I don't think I have received money before so I am not sure if it has something to do with my email address not being confirmed. However when I click the link to do this I do not receive an email to my inbox or junk folder. I have tried add the services @ PayPal email address to my contacts but that has not worked either. 
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MartinMogford

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MartinMogford
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the United Kingdom. Thank you in advance.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MartinMogford

Double check the email address in case whilst correct there was a typo ie a misplaced dot or similar.

Secondly...

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add,-confirm-or-remove-an-email-address-faq1485...

Thirdly....

Ask your buyer what it says next to the transaction in THEIR paypal account ie unclaimed (with or without a cancel option) or completed / sent.

Was it an international transaction and if so what currency did they pay in?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MartinMogford
Contributor
Contributor

The email address is definitely correct and I do receive other emails from Paypal with notifications.

I have already tried adding a second email address and that sent an email to confirm immediately. I have tried sending a confirmation for the main account email again but it does not come through still.

Lastly, the transaction has now been cancelled by the buyer and they re-made it straight into my account. I imagine it must have been an unclaimed payment as he was able to do this. The buyer is within the United Kingdom, so the currently was pounds sterling.

Although this transaction is sorted I would like to know that I am not going to encounter other problems when I sell other items as I would like it to go through Paypal.

Many Thanks

Login to Me Too

MartinMogford
Contributor
Contributor

Please can I have further help on my earlier post which was regarding confirming my email address. I am concerned that anything I sell through ebay in future will be problematic when doing paypal payments because I am unable to confirm my email address.

"The email address is definitely correct and I do receive other emails from Paypal with notifications.

I have already tried adding a second email address and that sent an email to confirm immediately. I have tried sending a confirmation for the main account email again but it does not come through still.

Lastly, the transaction has now been cancelled by the buyer and they re-made it straight into my account. I imagine it must have been an unclaimed payment as he was able to do this. The buyer is within the United Kingdom, so the currently was pounds sterling.

Although this transaction is sorted I would like to know that I am not going to encounter other problems when I sell other items as I would like it to go through Paypal.

Many Thanks"

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MartinMogford

You may have the right email address on ebay / paypal but it may have been incorrect on your AUCTION so do this.

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down to nearly the end of the listing and it should show the paypal email address the payment will be sent to so check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MartinMogford
Contributor
Contributor

I have just created a draft item to list as you say. The email address listed against the option for Paypal payment is correct.

Login to Me Too

MartinMogford
Contributor
Contributor
Please can I have further assistance with this thread. "I have just created a draft item to list as you say. The email address listed against the option for Paypal payment is correct."
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.