Can't buy something without credit card despite sufficient funds

yuckyrat
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to buy a movie on YouTube for $9.99, and I have more than that in my PayPal (over $20). However, it won't let me; it demands I add a card and "Pay with your available balance first, cover the difference with your card."

What "difference" is there that I can't afford with my available balance? I have more than enough for the movie and any taxes applied.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Marina

Hi @yuckyrat,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble completing a purchase with your PayPal balance. Sometimes YouTube asks to set up an automatic payment in order to purchase a movie on their platform. An automatic payment allows the merchant to charge you whenever you complete a purchase through their website, without requiring you to log into PayPal each time. You can use your balance, but you may be asked to add an alternative funding source for future transactions. Here's a Help Center article with a bit more information:

What is an automatic payment and how do I update it?

I hope you find this information helpful!

- Marina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Marina

Hi @yuckyrat,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble completing a purchase with your PayPal balance. Sometimes YouTube asks to set up an automatic payment in order to purchase a movie on their platform. An automatic payment allows the merchant to charge you whenever you complete a purchase through their website, without requiring you to log into PayPal each time. You can use your balance, but you may be asked to add an alternative funding source for future transactions. Here's a Help Center article with a bit more information:

What is an automatic payment and how do I update it?

I hope you find this information helpful!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.