Can't add bank account.

KKK9991
New Community Member
I had an email from PayPal saying my back has declined some of my transactions from my bank account, so I added my debit card and top up the balance. I have recently had a new card but the account number etc is the same only the security number is different. So I took the bank account off and tried to put it back on, it just says cannot do that please try later. So I put my debit card on to transfer some money to PayPal, now its saying I need to add a bank account! Well it won't let me!!! Im really at a loss as to what to do? I've phoned PayPal several times and asked why my bank is declining my transactions and they say ask my bank. So I've been to my bank and they can't tell me why either! Has anyone got any idea what to do next apart from leave PayPal altogether. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KKK9991 

You can only add funds to a paypal account via a bank account (not debit card) in the UK.

You can only add/remove a bank account to a paypal account x3 times in that banks lifetime.

The name on the bank account has to exactly match the name on your paypal account for the funds to successfully transfer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KKK9991 

You can only add funds to a paypal account via a bank account (not debit card) in the UK.

You can only add/remove a bank account to a paypal account x3 times in that banks lifetime.

The name on the bank account has to exactly match the name on your paypal account for the funds to successfully transfer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.