Can't accept credit cards

sethfleetwood
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, We are having an issue getting a link so we can take donations from credit cards into our Paypal account.  According to the agent we should be setup but the link only lets us accept money from Paypal accounts.

Please help we are on a deadline.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sethfleetwood 

Log out of your account and click on the donation button link yourself and see if there is option to pay just with debit/credit card first. Or even post the link here so I can click on it and see if the debit/credit card option is available.

Otherwise, to enable the PayPal Account Optional setting on user side, you'll need a business account. PayPal removed a lot of the seller settings when merging the premiere accounts with the personal accounts user interface unless one's premiere account is old enough to have those premiere seller settings grandfathered in before the merge over to personal account. 

Once you upgrade or open a business account, go to Account Settings (wheel icon) > My Seller Tools > Website Preferences > Update > PayPal account optional

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sethfleetwood 

Log out of your account and click on the donation button link yourself and see if there is option to pay just with debit/credit card first. Or even post the link here so I can click on it and see if the debit/credit card option is available.

Otherwise, to enable the PayPal Account Optional setting on user side, you'll need a business account. PayPal removed a lot of the seller settings when merging the premiere accounts with the personal accounts user interface unless one's premiere account is old enough to have those premiere seller settings grandfathered in before the merge over to personal account. 

Once you upgrade or open a business account, go to Account Settings (wheel icon) > My Seller Tools > Website Preferences > Update > PayPal account optional

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sethfleetwood
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, after much difficulty we finally were able to determine we had to upgrade to a business account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.