Can't Select Cards to Pay With

AirborneCon
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently trying to pay a seller for some furniture. 

When I go to make the payment, I can only pay with my current account bank details. Paypal will not let me select any of my cards. I have tried 4 different cards, three credit cards and one debit card. If I try and add the card again at the checkout, it comes up with an error message.

I have tried using different computers and different browsers. I have also tried a second PayPal account and none of them will let me pay this seller with a card. Some of the cards have been on my account for a while without issue.

I have also begun to pay other sellers to see if I can pay using a card, and on these occasions it will give me the option to pay the seller using a card. It is simply this seller, or so it appears.

I have confirmed her email address with her three times and it is correct. She has stated that there is no reason that we shouldn't be able to pay her.

After trying to make this payment for two days I contacted customer services via chat and the assistant was very unhelpful, basically saying that it was not paypal's problem and that they couldn't assist.

This was extremely frustrating and distressing as I need to make this payment and there is no issue with my 4 cards, multiple computers or the two PayPal accounts which me and my wife use frequently. I was wondering if there was an issue with the sellers account but the customer service assistance basically said there was no problem.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Payment has to be made via PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AirborneCon

It seems to me that it is divine intervention that you can't pay this seller.  Something is telling you not to buy this furniture from this person. If you keep trying and trying the security system will block it for security. It could be some fail safe measure when a payment is blocked it will be blocked if you keep trying but will work for other sellers. Or give it a rest for a few days and try again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.