Can't Pay for Online License-Based Service

StreakofEmerald
Contributor
Contributor

I'd just like to troubleshoot an issue I've been having with paying for an online license-based service called ZooeyBot. Attempting to pay for a license via PayPal just redirects me back to the account management screen of the service's website when I click the link to confirm my purchase. 

However, no message pops up on the screen itself when I'm redirected, leaving me at odds as to what actually caused the error. I have just enough money in my PayPal account, so that in itself shouldn't be the issue. I do have a pending payment for the automatically-renewing subscription version of the license, which I've been unable to cancel, for some reason. Additionally, when I try to select my PayPal balance as the payment method in the sidebar, it says that and all other payment methods other than my card are unavailable. Finally, the service is based in the EU and uses euros as its currency, while my account is American and uses USD.

What do you think is the culprit? Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @StreakofEmerald,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If you cannot complete the payment, I would recommend clearing your cache and cookies as it sounds like it may be a technical issue. Regarding the subscription, from your PayPal account you can only delete the pre-approved payment agreement but not the subscription itself as to do so you will need to contact the merchant directly. 

Regarding the funding sources, to provide one of the safest online payment methods, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction to keep you safe and, occasionally, we must change a payment method as a matter of security. We would not be able to change this setting, I am afraid. 

Before completing the payment, if the service that you purchase is in a different currency, you will be requested to choose either PayPal's conversion or your funding source conversion. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.