Can someone issue a refund than take that away and no record of it?

kevs2
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone issue a refund than take that away and no record of it?

A store issued me a refund and then it vanished from Paypal Activity dashboard, before I could withdraw it.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kevs2 

If the refund was showing on the Summary page and then disappeared, look at the Activity page. Refunds issued from the original payment transaction go back to the original payment method used. Look at the original payment transaction details to see if a refund transaction is referenced there.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kevs2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks though that did not help at all. The refund I saw on activity page.

Then is was gone/ vanished, before I withdrew transferred.

Who are you? Do any real Paypal people answer these questions?

The vendor/ store has a screenshot of the refund (that they probably withdrew). So they can not claim they did a refund!

But does Paypal have a record of the refund and then it being voided/ cancelled.

Citibank, Chase Bank etc would have all that. What I fear is that Paypal being the chaotic/ mess that it is has no record.

So vendors/ stores know this about Paypal can use this fraud/ swindle trick...

Login to Me Too

mskyman
Contributor
Contributor

I'm guessing "SharpieMarker" is a real Paypal person (probably several of them posting under one account), click on the username and it will list the posts for that account, basically a post every few minutes for an entire business day, every day.

I did some searching on other sites yesterday after my issue arose and the general consensus seems to be that paypal/ebay customer service is all done offshore and these people have no ability to do anything other than read off a prompter basically the same information that you see in their respective help sections when you search keywords.

Good luck getting your problem resolved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.