Can i use multiple visa/amex gift cards for a purchase?

janieeli
Contributor
Contributor

I was told by a rep from a clothing website that once i link my gift cards to my paypal account i can use multiple to make a complete purchase. I attempted to do that yesterday and when finalizing my payment it doesn't give me the option to choose more than one card. I thought maybe if i proceeded it would let me then pick the other card for the remaining balance but it just declined due to lack of funds. Can anyone let me know if this is even possible and if so give a step by step , maybe there is something i overlooked, i very rarely use paypal . Thanks in advance! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@janieeli

Unfortunately, paying for a single item across several funding methods other than your PayPal balance, and one other payment source if your PayPal balance wont cover the entire purchase amount, is not possible.

Also, make sure there are no issues with your purchase before you throw away the gift card you used for payment.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@janieeli

Unfortunately, paying for a single item across several funding methods other than your PayPal balance, and one other payment source if your PayPal balance wont cover the entire purchase amount, is not possible.

Also, make sure there are no issues with your purchase before you throw away the gift card you used for payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.