Can I use my PayPal account to pay or load a prepaid credit card?

ajrayman
New Community Member

Hi there,

My boyfriend is from Lebanon (I'm in Canada) and their banks if you have seen the news are closed, $0 and the people are setting them on fire. He doesn't have a bank account in any country, he holds a Lebanese and a Mexican passport but no account in Mex either. He is going to Mex for a month or so to visit his kids. I want to know if I can use Paypal to transfer funds to him onto a prepaid credit card while he is abroad so I don't have to pay the fees at Western Union (or go to the neighborhoods where the western union stores are in my city, super far and sketchy). I thought at first for him to get his own Paypal Account but since he doesn't have a bank account that wouldn't work. Does anyone know the answer to this? I don't think the pre-paid Paypal card can be used outside of the US hence my question. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ajrayman 

Sorry, its not possible. PayPal only allows withdrawals to eligible Visa/MC debit cards. Even still, the name on the card must match name and billing address on PayPal account the funds are being withdrawn to and linked to your account. Too many NO's for your idea to work.

With the PayPal prepaid mastercard, the user has to be a permanent resident of the U.S., must be 18 and over, have a valid SSN and a verifiable physical U.S. street address (no P.O. Boxes).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ajrayman 

Sorry, its not possible. PayPal only allows withdrawals to eligible Visa/MC debit cards. Even still, the name on the card must match name and billing address on PayPal account the funds are being withdrawn to and linked to your account. Too many NO's for your idea to work.

With the PayPal prepaid mastercard, the user has to be a permanent resident of the U.S., must be 18 and over, have a valid SSN and a verifiable physical U.S. street address (no P.O. Boxes).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.