Can I create a second Paypal Account just to collect Deposits, separate from other transactions

pmacantu
Contributor
Contributor

Can I create a second Paypal Account just to collect Deposits, separate from other transactions

I just wanted a separate bucket for collecting deposits so that when I transfer to my bank account it is clear to my accountant.

I also had an issue that when I get a deposit paid,  and I but something,  nothing is transferred to my bank account.    

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pmacantu 

You are only allowed x2 paypal accounts IF x1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

If you have 2 of the same type you risk having them both limited.

However if you are collecting funds rather than selling something then why not look into opening a money pool?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/faq3709

Secondly if you have funds in your paypal balance then its not automatically transfered to your bank account, you have to click on transfer > withdraw funds and send it to any linked and confirmed bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pmacantu 

You are only allowed x2 paypal accounts IF x1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

If you have 2 of the same type you risk having them both limited.

However if you are collecting funds rather than selling something then why not look into opening a money pool?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/faq3709

Secondly if you have funds in your paypal balance then its not automatically transfered to your bank account, you have to click on transfer > withdraw funds and send it to any linked and confirmed bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pmacantu
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help,   I did not realise this facility existed,  many thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.