Can I change method of payment after transaction is done on ebay?

ziadrida
Contributor
Contributor

I keep forgetting to change the modoth a payment from bank to credit card. I have a transaction that was completed from bank but need to urgently change it to credit card due to other obligations that would result in bounced checked. How to change payment after  I have completed the purchase. 

Others have asked this question back in 2012 and Paypal responded that this feature is coming soon. Where is it?

Also, I need to avoid this problem by making credit card as default payment and bank account as backup. How can this be done?

It is becoming very annoying to use Paypal without the above capabilities. I would rather use credit card directly if these issues will continue to be so. thanks

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

DTrump
Contributor
Contributor

I reread the notice from eBay that it ending the exclusive use of PayPal at checkout - it will become one option eventually.  Maybe then a credit card can be used directly.

An option is to set up debit card accounts that do not result in  "Insufficient Funds" due to your bank acct balance.  PayPal tries to debit the card then goes to the backup.  The debit card does not have to be from your bank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.