Can I accept money from some and not others all at once?

BearsRepeating
Contributor
Contributor

I had someone send me money through PP.  It was someone I didn't know.  I don't sell much anymore and don't use PP much.  I thought it might be a scam but couldn't figure out what.  Then later that night she sent me a request for money.  It was for a few dollars more that what she sent me.  I'm certain it's a scam and she's hoping I'm not that familiar with PP or that her request will get lost in lots of transactions.  She's hoping I will send her the money from her request and then she will request a refund from her original transaction.   I'm not that familiar with the 'accept money' button, although I have used it before.  I read up on stuff and found that money that isn't accepted is returned after 30 days, so I decided to let her sit and stew for 30 days before PP gives her the money back.  In the meantime, my son paid me money he owed me through Paypal.  So now it shows that I have the combined amounts of $$ that I need to accept.  So I'm wondering if I click to accept it, will it automatically accept both or will it give me the option to accept or refuse each one separately??

Also, I did a little more reading tonight and found where it sounded like it said it would only be returned after 30 days if the email address does not have a PP account, which obviously I do.   So can I accept them separately and will her money be returned if I let it sit there?  Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.