Can I Receive Money Without Being Verified

aerium
Contributor
Contributor

I have concerns about connecting my bank/card to my PayPal account, so can I receive money without being verified? I actually looked this up: https://www.paypal.com/sg/smarthelp/article/can-i-receive-money-before-my-paypal-account-is-verified... and it seems like the page was deleted before I was able to contact through the message center about it.

On a side note, I've received my first payment as an invoice which was left to pend for 21 days before it was canceled. (Not sure if that was PP or the buyer). 

Would I receive it instantly if I received it as a direct payment instead? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes. Once you've confirmed your email address and your PayPal account is activated, you can start receiving payments without being Verified. There is no receiving limit using PayPal. However, before you become Verified, there is a limit to the amount of money you can withdraw from your PayPal account to your bank account. This limit is based on your country policy. So if you want total use of the features of your PayPal account, you need to be Verified. Otherwise the money has to stay in your PayPal and you can use money in your account to buy or send payment. Can’t withdraw to bank or use a card to pay since you do not want to link cards or bank account.

Generally one can receive payments right away from invoices and direct payment except in cases where your account is subject to Fund Availability hold. This consists of the 21 day hold. If there aren’t any issues with your transaction or account, the payment will typically move to your available balance within 21 days after receipt. Did you provide delivery tracking to the buyer or was it a service?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Human_Monkey
New Community Member

what is then the limit for not verifyed people?

Login to Me Too

SudhanPlayz_YT
Contributor
Contributor

This wasn't worked for me i have verified my Paypal account but still my friend can't send my money. Proof: 

Login to Me Too

motzppuc
New Community Member
I provided a service i which payment was sent. I received payments before with no issue and now my payment is pending and i get a message to verify my account. Why is this?
Login to Me Too

Johnoe1
Contributor
Contributor
Can i receive a money without verification my account on paypal?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.