Buyers paid wrong email address

happychele
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I sold 9 items on EBay, checked my account to make sure everything looked ok first. Come to find out that there was a mystery email address added to each individual listing. All payments but 1 are unclaimed. How do I get my money. I could add the email address just to get my money but I don’t have access to it. Can the buyers cancel the payments and then re submit them. I have contacted Ebay and PayPal and both agree the email address shouldn’t be on my account but each points the finger at each other while neither is helping me.
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@happychele 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

happychele
Contributor
Contributor
It is neither, it is a totally different email address that I have never seen. Ebay and PayPal both agree the email address is in no way linked to my account but neither one will do anything about it. I think I read that after 30 days of money not be claimed that PayPal refunds it. Is this true?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @happychele

I can certainly understand your concern. That's a great question. Unclaimed transactions are refunded 30 days from the date the transaction was sent. Once the transaction is returned to the buyer, you can send a request for payment to the correct email address. 

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

happychele
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your response. One of my buyers did message me this morning that her money was returned. I will just have to look up how to rebill so that my correct email is used.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @happychele

That's great news! I recommend sending the buyer an invoice to request payment. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

happychele
Contributor
Contributor
Would you mind telling me how that is done or where to find the instructions? Thanks again!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @happychele

I provided a hyperlink in my last response. Just click on the word invoice

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

Login to Me Too

happychele
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @happychele

You're welcome. 

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.