Buyer with multiple accounts? Help!

lm808
Contributor
Contributor

I have a buyer that asked me to invoice her for an item, after I sent invoice she said she was having issues with that account if i could invoice her at another email address, which I did.  Later that day she said she was having technical issues with her account and that she was going to create a new account and will give me that address when it's set up.

Should I be worried??  It sounds fishy!  If she pays (goods & services) and I ship the item is there a way that she could scam me with all these accounts?

Thanks!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lm808 

Just keep sending PayPal invoices, as that can only result in goods and services payments to you.

The other party can scam if you do not check your PayPal account to make sure there is a record of payment and just believe any old email saying payment was sent or a sketchy claim for a SNAD dispute and PayPal orders you to accept return for a refund and sends back a brick or to an address near by with sketchy tracking information. Or file an unauthorized payment claim for which certain transaction types are not covered, say a vehicle sale or digital goods. These are just the tip of the iceberg, all kinds of *bleep*-ery goes on.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-potential-fraud%2C-spoof-or-unauthorized...

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-are-common-scams-and-how-do-i-spot-them-faq3176

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lm808
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for you input! Appreciate it!
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lm808 

But if this person is creating multiple account and each account will eventually be linked to the bad account and limited as well; sometimes immediately as the PayPal system is protecting itself, you aren't ever going to get paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lm808
Contributor
Contributor
So does that mean the payment could be taken away from me later?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.