Buyer wants refund for item that is too small almost 6 months later!

ZoeC1
New Community Member

Hey I'm hoping someone can advise me. I sold an item on April 29th. The buyer contacted me 2 months later requesting a refund. I provided them with the refund address as I could not be bothered with the hassle of disputing the fact they had taken so long to raise their complaint. A few months go by and I hear nothing and receive no return. Tbh I forget all about it. On September 28th I receive a message from buyer saying the item has been returned. On October 11th I finally receive the item and get a message from the buyer chasing it up. I think it's outrageous to expect a refund at this point but as the item is now back in my possession I'm unsure of what I am meant to do. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ZoeC1

She only has 180 days to open a paypal dispute for item received but not as described.

So personally I would tell her to go down that route as paypal may well deny the claim due to the length of time taken to open the claim.

Even if they don't and she wins the claim then she would have had to send the item back tracked and provide a tracking number to prove delivery of the item back to you, if she can't then you may well not have to refund.

If that is the case then you can tell her once the dispute is closed that she can have her item returned to her when she pays you shipping costs to send it !!!!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.