Buyer waiting for refund, sent 3/10/19, how much longer???

hello77
Contributor
Contributor

I issued a refund on 3/10/19 for a bed someone bought from me and changed their mind. I had a message from ebay yesterday asking me to issue a refund when I already have and it’s stuck in pending.

does anyone know how much longer it will take?? I’ve issued refunds before and I’m sure it never took this long. I desperately need to resist the bed because I need the room.

thanks everyone 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hello77 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.
1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. The buyer funded their payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on the buyers behalf (so there is no delay in despatching the item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hello77 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.
1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. The buyer funded their payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on the buyers behalf (so there is no delay in despatching the item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.