Buyer saying they have sent the money but it’s isn’t showing in my pay pal at all

KateHutchfield
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I was just wondering if I am being scammed or this is normal and I just don’t know what I am doing so I am needing some advise. I have recently posted an item on EBay and got a email from a lady saying she would buy the item for X amount of money, we agreed on the price and she asked for my pay pal details and I sent them over. She said she had put the X amount of money into my pay pal and that I should ship the item as the funds have left her account but every time I look into my pay pal there are no funds available or pending the balance is £0.00. Is this normal and do the funds only appear when I have sent a tracking number or is this person taking me for a ride?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Hemerk
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @KateHutchfield 

If your email is already confirmed then it is setup to receive money. This means if the buyer paid, it would already show up in your Activity.

You are correct, only send the item out if you see the payment in your account.

Hope this helps!

Kudos and Solved are highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hemerk 

@KateHutchfield 

SCAM.

They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they can't use Ebay checkout.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KateHutchfield
Contributor
Contributor
I need to speak to someone as i have sent the phone and still haven’t received the payment the parcel is tracked to Dublin and it’s worth £700 i am very worried
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KateHutchfield 

Sorry but if it was the scam as i posted above then speaking to paypal won't help.

None of the transaction would have been done using paypals site, you were scammed by FAKE paypal emails.

No funds in your balance = you have not been paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mboykin0379
New Community Member
I’m having this issue right now. Buyer says money sent and I should have an email from PayPal but I don’t and no funds in my account!
Login to Me Too

mboykin0379
New Community Member
Now I see an email that was in my spam that says the money is pending until I provide tracking information. Is that right?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.