Buyer from an online game succedeed in getting a refund he didn't deserve?

JohnLee2k
Contributor
Contributor

So I sold in-game coins to a player in an online game, a few weeks pass and he seems happy, he buys coins a few more times and I never hear from him again. Then word is he got banned from the game (for whatever reason, I am not aware) I do refunds but in exchange ofc, I want the coins given returned, but because he was banned there was no way for me to get the coins back, so I didn't refund his payment after he asked me. then he decides to open a case on the largest payment he made in one go, 27 dollars. He claimed that I had "taken the money in the game back" so he wanted his money back. I wasn't worried about that because it was a blatant lie however even after the explanation I gave about him being banned, the money was still given back to him, I don't really understand this, whether I broke any rules or terms, but it seems I got scammed? I don't really know what to do from here and any help would be appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnLee2k 

Sadly there is no paypal seller protection for digital or virtual transactions, you can of course sell them but at your own risk.

If a buyer wins a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR chargeback then sadly you would lose out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnLee2k 

Sadly there is no paypal seller protection for digital or virtual transactions, you can of course sell them but at your own risk.

If a buyer wins a dispute for an unauthorised transaction OR chargeback then sadly you would lose out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Davjaymar
Contributor
Contributor

Same bro but I sold a game account and he created dispute and got his money back even though I provide full proof info that would make them in favor of me now I have a dispute fee charged on me PayPal so unfair 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.