Buyer & seller

Jks154
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve sent money to a seller and they are only going to send the product once the money is in their account. How would I know when PayPal is no longer holding the payment anymore and it’s in their account ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jks154 

Seller cannot refuse to ship when the payment is received but held and temporarily unavailable by PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

This hold regimen by PayPal is to make sure seller don't whisk away with the money leaving PayPal holding the bag in case you report a problem within the first 21 days of payment.

Seller can wait 21 days for PayPal to release funds or do this to get money sooner:

(may not be available for some countries)

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jks154 

Seller cannot refuse to ship when the payment is received but held and temporarily unavailable by PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

This hold regimen by PayPal is to make sure seller don't whisk away with the money leaving PayPal holding the bag in case you report a problem within the first 21 days of payment.

Seller can wait 21 days for PayPal to release funds or do this to get money sooner:

(may not be available for some countries)

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

Login to Me Too

Jks154
Contributor
Contributor
Is there anyway of knowing though when the payment has gone Into their account ?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jks154 

No. Once you confirm receipt, the funds should release but seller should not hold your shipment hostage regardless.

They should read about how the policy works if they think they are not paid because they are paid. Payment is received, its in their account, their money, just PayPal made it temporarily unavailable for use.

It doesn't even matter if the funds are release because as a buyer, you can still file a dispute within 180 days to get the money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.