Buyer Protection via a direct PayPal transaction?

Mickeymc934
New Community Member
Hi all, I have a customer looking to avoid a sale via eBay due to the charge applied to them directly via a successful sale. He has offered to do a buyer protection transaction by conducting the sale directly via the request function on PayPal. Will I be covered under the buyer protection scheme here or does the sale have to be conducted through a site like eBay that offers PayPal buyer protection? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Mickeymc934

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

Whether the transaction is processed on eBay or PayPal, the protections offered on a Goods and Services transaction will remain the same. You can learn more about Buyer and Seller Protection Policies on our Help Center. Before proceeding with any sale, I recommend referring to the Help Center or our User Agreement to ensure your item or service will be covered. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.