Buyer Payment

Pcoleman
New Community Member
Hi yall I am selling a dress on facebook I had 2 people reach out to me. I advised ot was available they said I will.pay you upfront. Gave them.my email address and name for the paypal. Next i get an email in soam advising me that once I ship the product and get the shipping confirmation to enter in and then the money will be sent to me or made available. I domt.like the sound of that cause they can cancel it and then what I'm out of money and a dress. Someone please help me o dont think that's normal process. I was told it should be in my account immediately. I dont know if I am dealing with scammers right now someone please advise...
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Pcoleman 

While it is a common practice by PayPal to put the funds on hold for new sellers, you still have to double check and make sure you are getting paid.

You can check this Help Center article to see if the emails you received are really from PayPal, as there really are people who are pretending to be the company and send you fake notification emails. In addition to this, what you can do is to check your PayPal account by logging on to the website or check the PayPal app. Do not follow any links on the emails if you see any, because that may take you to a fake website. Now if you see the transaction on your activity, check your PayPal balance as well - the money should appear on your pending balance at least. If it's not on both your activity and pending or available balance, you can tell it didn't happen. 

Hope this helps. All the best!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.