Bought item on depop - payment returned as seller

mrsdjh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I bought an item on the Depop app and paid by paypal on 22/09 - the payment has been pending and today it was returned to me saying "the seller did not sign up for a PayPal account or did not complete the registration process". I have the item.

How do I pay for it now and how do I contact the seller through paypal as it recommends in the email paypal sent me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

xbubs
New Community Member

this has happened to me before, I just contacted the seller via depop messaging and told them, and then sent them the cash manually.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Email the seller through their PayPal email address if you have it and tell them to confirm their PayPal email address or sign up for PayPal account because your payment returned to you. Tell them they need to do that before PayPal allows them to receive money in their PayPal account or to use PayPal in general. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

xbubs
New Community Member

this has happened to me before, I just contacted the seller via depop messaging and told them, and then sent them the cash manually.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.