Bought a service from a seller and they claim paypal is holding their funds until I confirm receipt.

nametank
Contributor
Contributor

They are claiming that I need to confirm receipt so paypal will release the funds. I do not see anyway to do this and paypal is not responding in the message center. Could someone tell me how to confirm receipt of an item so paypal will release the funds?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lillyrose3555
Contributor
Contributor
I wouldn’t do it as I’ve just got scammed but my situation was I was the seller Unless you get a message in your PayPal account don’t do anything until you talk to a PayPal staff member Try ringing their number as they don’t answer the message app
Login to Me Too

nametank
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Each time I call the phone number they ask me to input my social, and each time they say it doesn't match and they can't talk to me over the phone...it just hangs up.

How do I get someone on the phone?

How do I contact someone from paypal that can help?

Login to Me Too

nametank
Contributor
Contributor

Is there an email address that I can email? I've been messaging people in the message center but have not received a single response in 24 hours. 

I cannot believe I have no means of communication with this company. 

I may have been scammed out of 1000.00 and I can't even stop it.

This is so frustrating.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nametank 

As long as you did NOT pay using the friends /family option then read this........

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
Funds are held for 21 days BUT released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

Even if the funds were withdrawn to their bank account they would still have to refund if they lost a dispute. The hold is to protect PAYPAL from new sellers that don't refund so Paypal has to and then has the hassle of getting reimbursed from the seller.

Tell them that if they refuse to send then you would have to file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and that would impact on their paypal account as they are such new sellers and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR they may not be allowed to sell at all.

Send them this link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.