Being asked to add card with sufficient balance

Haileyella88
New Community Member
I am being asked to add a card when trying toake a purchase even with a sufficient balance. After talking with several people on chat one told me after over half an hour of not being able to actually answer my question there was a "risk factor" yet could not tell me what this risk factor is. The next person said this "Muhammad : There is no need to add a card if you have sufficient balance in your PayPal account." He was also trying to say there was some sort of server issue and to try again in a few hours even though I first tried over 8hrs ago.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Haileyella88 

Some sites require a card as back up but the system will always check if you have enough in your PayPal balance first and use it, otherwise will use your card. The reason some sites ask for card depends on their services, they might want to set up a billing agreement so your future purchases with the site will be streamlined and quicker. 

May be just wait some hours and try again later as I've also observed "once", that a user was able to finally pay without adding a card, after having been asked to add one.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haileyella88
New Community Member
It's happening when I go to the PayPal page to finalize payment and is nothing to do with the retailers site. I've been trying since around 7am and it's been nearly 11 hours.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.