Be careful Clicking "Agree & Continue"

Suredid
New Community Member

I've checked out with Paypal for many years and this is a first (and second since it happened twice) for me. I was on two different websites and selected to use Paypal as my payment option once I did that I was sent to the Paypal website. I was asked to select a payment option within Paypal and press "Continue", then the next screen wanted me to verify my shipping address. Seeing that I was getting closer and closer to purchasing I read the fine print below the "Agree & Continue" button which states "You'll be able to review your order before you complete your purchase". Feeling reassured that I can see the total amount plus any taxes and shipping again to make sure I want to make that purchase I clicked "Agree & Continue". instead of being sent to a page within Paypal that I can review my order I was sent back to the merchant's website and the purchase was complete! This happened again with another merchant and luckily I was able to get a refund.

Paypal Checkout 2.1.png

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.