Bank account

Laycolor101
New Community Member
I have a bank account connected to my PayPal and it’s been confirmed but I can use it to make payments. Websites tell me there was a problem or add a debit/credit card. Any ideas on what to do?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laycolor101 

If you pay with your bank account and it asks for a card, it is asking for a back up payment source to your bank account so read the screens carefully. If you have a card linked to your PayPal already, you can select card if you see a "Change" link at the top of the PayPal checkout screen when it asks for a card. If you have both a bank account and card linked, PayPal can use the Instant Payment method when paying with your bank; PayPal fronts the money ahead to the seller and then await your payment to clear the bank. Otherwise, the payment will go by eCheck and it is SUPER SLOW and the seller will have to wait for the money to clear and in their PayPal account before shipping you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laycolor101 

If you pay with your bank account and it asks for a card, it is asking for a back up payment source to your bank account so read the screens carefully. If you have a card linked to your PayPal already, you can select card if you see a "Change" link at the top of the PayPal checkout screen when it asks for a card. If you have both a bank account and card linked, PayPal can use the Instant Payment method when paying with your bank; PayPal fronts the money ahead to the seller and then await your payment to clear the bank. Otherwise, the payment will go by eCheck and it is SUPER SLOW and the seller will have to wait for the money to clear and in their PayPal account before shipping you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.