Bank account not visible as payment option on various online services

LazarJancic
Contributor
Contributor

Hello girls and boys,

I have an issue seeing my linked IBAN as payment option online (so far Netflix, FreeNow and Apple store are not showing it).

I have only a Maestro debit card issued from my bank have to/ want to make a few payments. With Netflix I want to change my payment option, since this is the only one as of August and at the Apple store I want to buy some things. Now, both sites offer the option of paying with PayPal but once redirected I can't see my IBAN (Maestro card) as a valid payment method. I have tried adding it anew but then I get the message "the bank account you want to add is already in your account"

I have no idea what to do further on than change my bank lol

Thank you very muchScreenshot 2019-09-25 at 21.17.13.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @LazarJancic,

Thank you for reaching out to us via our Community Forums! Welcome! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues using your bank as a funding method. It sounds like the merchants you've mentioned require an instant payment method like a debit or credit card. While we do offer Instant Transfer funded by your bank, that may not be available from time to time due to a review performed by our Security System. Our Security System monitors and reviews all actions and transactions that process on and through PayPal. Payments or certain actions can often be blocked or placed under review if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity. You may be able to reach out to our Customer Support over the phone to see if they have any options to assist further. Otherwise, I would recommend trying another debit or credit card to make payments through those merchants. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.