Bank account doesnt appear as an option when sending money to f&f

Maria_gr
New Community Member
Hello! I would like to ask is there a way to send money to family and friends in Europe (from a EU country to a EU country) without being charged? If I try to do this with a debit card, there is a 2€ fee. I already linked and verified my bank account in PayPal but when I try to change the payment method, I don't get an option to use directly my bank account instead. (assuming that there wont be a charge if I use the bank account). Any advice please?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maria_gr 

Generally, when the sender and receiver are registered with PayPal as resident in different countries, there will be a fee, paid by sender unless both PayPal accounts registered as resident within the same country which will be no fee.

https://www.paypal.com/gr/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#r017

A1. Personal Transaction payment Fees

Note that the sender pays the Fee.

Please see A4.2.3 of this Schedule 1 for more information.

The Personal Transaction payment Fee will be shown at the time of payment. 

Where there is stated to be a percentage-based Fee and/or Fixed Fee component, please refer to A4.5, A4.6 and A4.7 of this Schedule 1 for more details.

A1.1 Domestic Personal Transaction payment Fees

Activity

Fee

Sending a Domestic Personal Transaction payment

Free (when no currency conversion is involved)

A1.2 Cross Border Personal Transaction payment Fees

A1.2.1 Cross Border Personal Transaction payments sent to the EEA in Euro or Swedish Krona

Activity

Fee

Sending a Cross Border Personal Transaction payment to the EEA in Euro or Swedish Krona

Free (when no currency conversion is involved)

A1.2.2 Other Cross Border Personal Transaction payments

A1.2.2.1 Sent by Users with their registered address in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man or Gibraltar

Activity

Fee

Sending a Cross Border Personal Transaction payment

5% of the transaction amount.

The minimum fee is £0.99 GBP and the maximum fee is £2.99 GBP.

A1.2.2.2 Sent by Users with their registered address in other Relevant Countries

To determine the Fee for a Cross Border Personal Transaction payment sent to a User in a specific country, please follow the steps below.

Step 1. Find the country or country group in which the recipient’s registered address is located. See A4.4 of this Schedule 1 for further reference. Ask the recipient if you are not sure (second column).

Step 2. Find the applicable Fee (third column).

Activity

Country of recipient’s Account

Fee

^^

Sending a Cross Border Personal Transaction payment

US, Canada, Northern Europe, Europe I, Europe II

1.99 EUR

Any other country^

3.99 EUR

^ Subject to service availability for the recipient registered in the given country.

^^ See section A4.7 of this Schedule 1 below.

A4.2.3 the sender pays the Fee.

A4.3 A "Domestic" payment occurs when both the sender and receiver are registered with PayPal as resident in the same country.

A4.4 A “Cross Border” payment occurs when the sender and receiver are registered with PayPal as resident in different countries. Certain countries are grouped together as follows for ease of reference when calculating Cross Border payment Fees:

Group Name

Countries

Northern Europe

Aland Islands, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden.

Europe I

Austria, Belgium, Channel Islands, Cyprus, Estonia, France (including French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Reunion and Mayotte), Germany , Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy , Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom, Vatican City State.

Europe II

Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Switzerland, Ukraine.

A4.5 Percentage-based fees (such as 2.90%) refer to an amount equal to that percentage of the payment amount, which (unless otherwise stated) is charged in the currency in which the payment is received.

A4.6 Fixed Fees for Commercial Transaction payments and Personal Transaction payments (unless otherwise stated) are based on the currency in which the payment is received, as follows:

Currency:

Fee:

Currency:

Fee:

Australian Dollar:

0.30 AUD

New Zealand Dollar:

0.45 NZD

Brazilian Real:

0.60 BRL

Norwegian Krone:

2.80 NOK

Canadian Dollar:

0.30 CAD

Philippine Peso:

15.00 PHP

Czech Koruna:

10.00 CZK

Polish Zloty:

1.35 PLN

Danish Kroner:

2.60 DKK

Russian Ruble:

10.00 RUB

Euro:

0.35 EUR

Singapore Dollar:

0.50 SGD

Hong Kong Dollar:

2.35 HKD

Swedish Krona:

3.25 SEK

Hungarian Forint:

90.00 HUF

Swiss Franc:

0.55 CHF

Israeli New Shekel:

1.20 ILS

New Taiwan Dollar:

10.00 TWD

Japanese Yen:

40.00 JPY

Thai Baht:

11.00 THB

Malaysian Ringgit:

2.00 MYR

U.K. Pounds Sterling:

0.20 GBP (payable by Irish users)

0.30 GBP (payable by all other users)

Mexican Peso:

4.00 MXN

U.S. Dollar:

0.30 USD

On further immediate notice published by PayPal on the Policy Updates page (accessible via the Legal footer on most PayPal site pages) on or after August 19, 2019 (as PayPal may determine in its sole discretion), the Fixed Fee for Commercial Transaction payments and Personal Transaction payments for payments received in GBP will increase to 0.30 GBP for Users registered in Ireland. 

A4.7 Fees charged in different currencies for sending payments: Some Fees are payable by you to PayPal in currencies that are different than the currency of the Balance(s) from which you send the payment amount. In such a case, we will perform a currency conversion (pursuant to section 8.2, for which we will charge you a Currency Conversion Fee as set out in section A3.1 of Schedule 1) from the currency of each relevant initial Balance into the currency in which the Fee is payable and we will collect your Fees from the converted Balance.

A4.8 Subject to availability of the given functionality in those territories and where not otherwise stated in this Schedule 1, for the purpose of this Schedule 1 only, any references to the UK in this Schedule 1 include Jersey, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Gibraltar.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.