Bank Account

mobinhatam
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Guys! 

I have my bank accounts connected to my paypal account. The problem is sending money to friends using the banks. In other words, the only options that I can opt out are paypal balance and the cards. So the question is: what is the reason that I have connected my bank accounts to my paypal account if I am not able to use them?! I appreciate your your help in advance!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mobinhatam 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mobinhatam
Contributor
Contributor
It's an Italian bank and I live here!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

Hello @mobinhatam

To send funds from an Italian PayPal account you would have the option to use a credit card or top up your PayPal account (from your bank).

To top up your account:

1. Click Transfer Money under Money.
  2. In the From field, select your bank account.
  3. In the To field, select your PayPal balance. If you have several currency balances, you can select which one.
  4. Enter the amount and click Continue.
  5. A virtual IBAN code will be generated, to which you will send the bank transfer. This IBAN uniquely identifies your transfer to PayPal. If you want to have the information on paper, click Print.
  6. You will then need to physically go to the branch to carry out the transfer, using the information you have printed. Alternatively, you can perform the transfer online if you have activated this service with your bank.

The money will be in your PayPal account in 1 to 2 business days. We will send you a payment confirmation email as soon as the transfer is completed.

Note:

• The current account used to add money must be registered in the same country as your PayPal account.
  • The name on your PayPal account must be identical to the name on your bank account. For example, if the full name of the user is James Patrick Smith and the bank account is in the name of 'J P Smith', you will have to enter 'J P.' If you do not enter the name exactly as shown on your bank account, the bank transfer might not succeed or may require more time to complete.
  • If the information provided at the time of transfer is not correct, the transfer will not be successful. PayPal will not charge any fee for this transaction. Contact your bank to check if they apply a fee for this type of transaction.
  • PayPal does not charge any fee to top up the account balance. However, we recommend that you contact your bank to check whether a fee will be charged for this transaction.
  • You can top up your PayPal account using only your bank account. Money added using a money transfer or ATM transfer services will not be credited to your account.

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.