Bank Account Transaction

J2019
New Community Member

Has anyone ever had a PayPal debit come out of your bank account but not show up in your recent PayPal activity summary? I had an unknown transaction come out of my bank account labelled "debit from PayPal" but I was unsure what the payment was for. I logged in to PayPal to view it in my summary (usually here it will say "itunes" or whatever the transaction was from). But there is nothing in my PayPal activity that matches that transaction. It was dated on my bank account June 6th and PayPal shows nothing for that date in my summary.  I have emailed PayPal two days ago and have heard nothing back yet.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@J2019 

Don't forget paypal credit the seller upfront and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source so the date on your paypal account may not match the date on your bank account.

OR

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.