Balance issue

fastpictch
New Community Member

My account shows a balance of $40 but when I go to send  a friend $10 it says my balance is zero.  What's up?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fastpictch 

Are you clicking on 0 and entering the amount you want to send?

Are the funds in your balance cleared and not pending AND in the correct currency?

Have you done this.............

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @fastpictch. Thanks for taking the time to post your concern here in the PayPal Community Forum. Not being able to use money in your balance is a definite concern! I will do my best to assist.

In addition to the suggestions from @kernowlass, it's possible the money in your balance is not available due to the need for PayPal to verify some information or due to PayPal's Security System blocking the use of your balance due to detecting a higher than usual level of risk.

PayPal has to verify information based on our compliance obligations. Please check out https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/paypals-customer-identification-program-cip-faq734 for more information on that. If the verification process needs to be completed and you have a bank account linked to your PayPal account, you could initiate a transaction to add some money to your balance from your bank account and that would trigger the verification process.

If the Security System has been blocking your use of the money in your balance, it's usually helpful to log out of everything, delete the cookies and temporary internet files, re-start your system and wait 24-48 hours for the System to re-set.

If you continue to be unable to use the money in your balance after trying the above steps, please contact Customer Service by phone (log on and click Contact at the bottom of the page), Facebook (send a Private Message via https://www.paypal.com/paypalusa) or Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal).

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.