Automatic payment refund

JohnnyUnknown
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have an issue refunding my payment. I ordered some item via buyee which is a proxy service from Japan. Order got cancelled from buyee due to being out of stock. From buyee side they didn't charge anything as the order got cancelled. I can see that on the Activity list of payments. But when I made an order Paypal actually charged my card. I can see that when I go to Automatic payments and under activity and ofc on my bank account (but don't see it on "main" activity list). Problem is I don't see any option to get a refund for that payment or dispute the transaction. Another problem is I can't get the transaction ID from that transaction it is not written anywhere. I did get it on my email as notification but didn't save it as I thought there would not be any problem with this :/. So what can I do to get my money back?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AdamC

Hi there, @JohnnyUnknown,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community.

As you said the purchase still seems to have gone through on your PayPal account, the best way to check this is by going to your 'Activity Log' to see if the payment is there. If the payment was set up as an Authorisation from the seller, it may have created a Pre-Approved payment. If this is the case, you can also view it. 

By going to 'Payments' in your PayPal account, you can 'Manage pre-approved payments'. 

If you don't see the payment set up in there, or in your Activity Log, then it is likely that the payment didn't complete successfully on PayPal. 

As well as this, we would have emailed you with all the relevant information for the payment details. 

If the payment was cancelled or didn't complete successfully, any funds taken from your funding source will be refunded. 

If you can find the payment on your PayPal account, or even the transaction ID, I'd suggest disputing the payment as it has been cancelled on the Seller's side. 

If you are having trouble disputing the payment, I'd recommend contacting us directly via the 'Contact' button at the bottom of the PayPal website. Alternatively, you can reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter with your concern! 

PayPal_Adam
Login to Me Too

JohnnyUnknown
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @PayPal_AdamC, ty for the reply, I actually contacted paypal customer service and they said the payment will be refunded to my bank account. Still waiting for it to arrive.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.