Asking for credit card or debit card even if I have enough balance for purchase

MuktadirHassan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone.

So, I had this issue last time and fixed it by setting payment preference to Paypal balance. But, today it's not working. Whenever I go to checkout and select PayPal, PayPal redirects me to add a credit card or debit card. So, without finding another option, I added my debit card, but It's still asking for a card when I go on to complete the payment. I have more than enough balance on my Paypal and also some on my debit card.

I need to make a payment urgently. 

Please, can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MuktadirHassan

You can use funds in your paypal balance but for some transactions ie higher risk virtual or digital OR at some point paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding source and to verify your paypal account.

So have you confirmed the card you have added with the 4 digit code that would have been sent to your card statement after you added it?

Does the billing address of the card match the address on your paypal account.

Does your card have available funds on it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MuktadirHassan
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. I had already verified my Paypal account by adding my bank account long ago and received and made several payments. I added my debit card just today. It'll take around 7 days to confirm. 

Let me disclose some more information to you. I am actually trying to pay for SAT exams. I paid for SAT II last month using my some Paypal account. First, it asked for a debit card, but then I set my preferred payment way to Paypal balance and it worked right away, didn't ask for anything. Now, the problem is I am paying to the same collegeboard for the exam, why is it asking for a card right now (even after adding it). And, Is there any way to pay by Paypal right now? Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MuktadirHassan

You need to wait for your card to be confirmed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MuktadirHassan
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, today I have confirmed my credit card. But, I am still stuck on that Add debit or credit card page. Please HELP!!!The page where i am stuck when i login to on complete the payment. HELP!!!

Login to Me Too

MuktadirHassan
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what I do, I am stuck on that page - "Add debit or credit card". I cannot proceed with any kind of payments.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.