Asked for Refund - received email that they refunded- none of it showing in PayPal account

Okteacher86
Contributor
Contributor
I made a payment as a PayPal guest using my credit card. I then requested a refund. I received an email from PayPal saying that my refund was going through. I then set up a PayPal account. I still have not received the money. This was last week. Nothing is showing in the PayPal account I set up. I set the account up from the PayPal email I received and I set it up using the same credit card that I bought the purchase with. Why is nothing showing up in my PayPal account or credit card account? Today I received another email saying: Hello Xxxxxx , This email confirms that the Pending Refund you received for $xxxx.00 CAD from xxxxxx has cleared. The funds are now reflected in your PayPal balance. If the payment is not reflected in your PayPal balance, please check the status of the transaction in your Account History. Log in to your account and go to the History subtab of the My Account tab. If the Status of the payment is listed as "Unclaimed," click the Accept button to reflect this transaction in your balance. Refund Details /Note Amount: $xxxxxx CAD Transaction ID: xxxxxx Still nothing is showing in my PayPal account or on my credit card account.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi Okteacher86 and welcome, 

From reading your post it sounds like it would be best for you to contact us directly so we can go through your account and the transaction specifically with you.  To contact us please click on the "Help & Contact" link at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also contact us via Facebook or Twitter?  It's https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Thanks

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.