Are there known issues with PayPal accounts set up in the Channel Islands

freshwell
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all

I have received reports from customers based in Guernsey / The Channel Islands who cannot pay using their Paypal account.

Users are prompted with messages such as 'email for valid' even though the email address for the account is valid.

So my question is do users in the Channel Islands need to do anything extra to pay using PayPal?

If there bank account is based in the Channel Islands for example, does that restrict it to transfer to accounts in mainland UK. I have seen on some forums other disputes around packing labels and the Channel Islands addresses not being recognised as UK but as GB which can cause problems with the payment gateway. Maybe it's similar to this issue.

The Paypal payment gateway is managed through a third party booking website that uses Express Checkout back end. Does this have issues if the browser location for example conflicts with the Paypal account location? Is there a routing issue with the PayPal networking dependant on devise location / mobile phone carrier? 

Nobody seems to want to talk about the Channel Islands and Paypal. PayPal support have not responded to my email asking the above. 

Any input greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Jae

Hi @freshwell -

I'm sorry to hear that some of your clients have been unable to pay you with PayPal. If these customers are having difficulty paying using our services, please ask them to contact PayPal directly for troubleshooting. I regret that it's not possible to troubleshoot a customer's login or payment experience without troubleshooting firsthand with the person encountering the issue. 

Jae

Login to Me Too

freshwell
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jae,

The problem is I lose the booking / sale with this issue.

Is there something I can at least advise the customer check? For example, does their account need to be synced with a bank? Do they need to have validated Paypal account and 100% completed set up? If either of these are not completed does that result in messages such as 'Email Not recognised' ?

Because if I can ask them to at least check X, Y, Z on their account, I have a chance of getting the booking. By asking the customer to contact PP customer support that could take many days to resolve and I am blind as to what is happening with the customer.

Thanks very much,

Freshwell Camping

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.