Are payments withheld or transfered directly?

AndersEng
New Community Member

When I buy something from facebook for instance, using send money, and choose "Paying for an item", does the money go directly to the seller, or does it wait until the package arrives to me and I can check it, and then I can release it to the seller?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @AndersEng,

Thank you for joining the PayPal Community Forum! A payment is sent directly to a seller. Depending on some factors, a seller may experience a temporary delay in funds availability, but this is not what you are describing, which would be an escrow service. PayPal does not offer this availability. However, if you take a look at PayPal's Purchase Protection details, you can see the circumstances under which your transaction is covered. If you do not receive the item or the item is different from what was described, you can open a dispute for a refund.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.