Are fees taken off payments to personal accounts?

Penpenpennypenp
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, my partner sent me £25 to my personal PayPal account to repay me for some shopping but £1.03 was deducted by PayPal for fees - is this normal?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Penpenpennypenp 

Then it looks like your friend sent payment as goods and services payment instead of a friends and family payment.  You can ask your friend to send £1.03 using friends and family option:

To send money from the PayPal app:

1. Tap Send.
  2. Enter the name, email or mobile number of the recipient and tap Next.
  3. Type the amount you're sending and tap Next.
  4. Choose your preferred payment method and tap Next.
  5. Review the information and tap Send now.

To send money from a desktop:

1. Go to Send & Request.
  2. Enter the email address or mobile number for the person concerned and click Next.
  3. Select Sending to a friend or Paying for an item or a service.
    • If you're sending money to a friend or family member, select Sending to a friend. 
    • If you're buying something, select Paying for an item or a service.
  4. Enter the amount involved and click Continue.
  5. Review and confirm the information on the screen and click Send Money Now. 

Note: The option to choose friends and family option (Step 3) may moved to step 5, on the Review payment page before one finalizes payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Penpenpennypenp
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Sharpiemarker, Thanks for your reply. He said he chose friends and family option, this why I am asking because I thought there were no fees for sending money to friends and family. As far as I am aware no fees should have been taken by PayPal unless the rules have changed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.