Any ideas on how I can purchase something today without my debt card?

rk-studio
Contributor
Contributor

There was an unauthorized charge on my paypal account so I had to report it. However, paypal told me that they had to disable my current paypal debt card and send out a new one. That's great...however, I have no way to access my paypal money right now and I need some of it right now. I have no bank account so I can't link an account to transfer money. I have to buy some pants for a new job that I'm starting in a few days but I have no way to purchase them. 
So does anyone have any suggestions of how I can purchase pants or anything else without my paypal debt card? I already tried Target and walmart but they want me to use a cc or a card with a number on it. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rk-studio wrote:

There was an unauthorized charge on my paypal account so I had to report it. However, paypal told me that they had to disable my current paypal debt card and send out a new one. That's great...however, I have no way to access my paypal money right now and I need some of it right now. I have no bank account so I can't link an account to transfer money. I have to buy some pants for a new job that I'm starting in a few days but I have no way to purchase them. 
So does anyone have any suggestions of how I can purchase pants or anything else without my paypal debt card? I already tried Target and walmart but they want me to use a cc or a card with a number on it. 

You can buy your pants online at target or Walmart with your PayPal balance and pick it up at a local target or at Walmart.

At Walmart.com, when you checkout select “other” under the credit card form on the Payment page to opt to pay with PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rk-studio
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, you can only do that if you have a debt card number you can give them. I'm waiting for my new card and it has a new number which I don't know yet.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rk-studio wrote:

Actually, you can only do that if you have a debt card number you can give them. I'm waiting for my new card and it has a new number which I don't know yet.

Can you add a credit card?

Login to Me Too

rk-studio
Contributor
Contributor

No, If I could do that, I would have done it already.

Login to Me Too

rk-studio
Contributor
Contributor

To be more clear, I don't have a credit card.

Login to Me Too

rk-studio
Contributor
Contributor

This is the message walmart has when you click "other payment methods" .....The store you're shopping online is unable to accept cash, ATM cards, EBT, gift cards, and PayPal.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rk-studio wrote:

This is the message walmart has when you click "other payment methods" .....The store you're shopping online is unable to accept cash, ATM cards, EBT, gift cards, and PayPal.

What??? It is not your day today. Seems your only option is to ask a mate or relative who has a PayPal account to give you cash and you PayPal them the equivalent. And what about Target?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rk-studio wrote:

No, If I could do that, I would have done it already.

Just covering all bases. Ask a mate or relative who can give you some cash with a PayPal account to help you and you PayPal them the cash they give you.

Login to Me Too

rk-studio
Contributor
Contributor

That's the only idea I had too. I wanted to avoid that but I think I'll have to. Thanks. I was just checking to see if there was a better way.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.