Am I going to get money? What should I do to receive money?

maba001
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I live in Germany, and I would like to sell something to a person in New York, US but with a shipping to another address in Great Britain. The person said that the money was deducted from her account. I already payed the shipping cost (by Paypal), so I have the document for that but I have not shipped the package so far because I did not get any notification on PayPal that I will get the money, and I also do not see anything in the system.

What should I do to get this money and then ship the package? I do not want to ship the package if I can not even see in the system that I can get money for this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maba001

Sounds like a scam to me.

For seller protection you should ONLY ship to the Paypal registered address of the buyer which you receive when the buyer pays.

Paypal payments are more or less instant so whether the funds have left her funding source or not is irrelavant as Paypal credit you the funds and Paypal wait for the funds transfer from the buyer.....this is so there is no delay in despatching the item.

HOWEVER if you have no funds in your Paypal balance then either the buyer HAS NOT PAID or there was a mistake with the email address she sent the payment to.

But this still smells of a scam to me.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HostinAsia

Wait for the money of course. Everyone can say he make the payment. If he payed by e Check it can take 10 days before you receive a payment.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HostinAsia

Wrong, even if it was an echeque it would SHOW in your paypal account transaction list but with a CLEARANCE DATE.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

maba001
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much the quick answers!

I would like to add some information about the situation. This is my first sale using PayPal, but it was only through eBay-kleinanzeigen, which is only for small advertisement so we can say everything was outside of eBay. The person just sent money on my given address (and PayPal took the money as she said). I have seen in FAQ that as a new PayPal seller the money can be hidden or I can see pending money. I'm not sure how I am going to see in the system, because of my first time but I guess I should see at least the sum what I CAN get after the package has arrived.

From the buyer I got the information that I need to send the shipping document or tracking number to PayPal, but I did not find any surfaces on PayPal, where I can see my money from this buyer and where I can send the tracking number.

It would be ridiculous if I needed to wait 10 days to get any information from the transaction. But I will wait because it is also sure that I will not send any products without knowing that the money is on the way.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maba001

That confirms its THIS scam...............

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.