Am I being scammed

Tootspops75
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wanting to buy a motor home of ebay, the seller has sent me the invoice but the link sends me to a live chat rather than to PayPal.

The address seems genuine but when I asked if I could not just pay through my pp account , I was told I couldn't as the seller had signed a refund notice (the money is to be held and a third party company deliver for our inspection before releasing the money to the seller) 

I can't get through to customer services to check if this is a scam or a genuine pp service.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Tootspops75,

Great question! This sounds in line with a common scam we hear about from time to time involving selling cars and other motor vehicles. Fraudulent buyers may ask you to send money to some kind of third party shipping or logistics company to come pick up the vehicle. We normally only recommend selling to someone who's going to come inspect the vehicle themselves and to avoid using third party money transfer or logistics companies.

Here are some great Help Center articles that cover Common Scams and How to Avoid Them.

Have a great one!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.