Alternative funding sources

marlettellc
New Community Member

I have my savings account set up as my primary account, but recently found out that it only allows up to 6 "transfers" a month, and when I pay with my PayPal debit card, it is considered a transfer. I placed 1 order online, which was broken down in processing to multiple smaller transactions, and thus exceeded the limit of what I was allowed for transfers. I had enough in my paypal account to cover the transaction, but because I didn't expect this, there is another pending transaction that will be likewise declined for exceeding my transfer limit. I have my checking account linked to my PayPal as well, but I'm not sure if the transaction will automatically change to the checking account, or if it will be declined altogether. Currently, it is still showing that it will be processed with the savings account. And if they do switch it to my checking account automatically, will I incur a fee? I'm also really confused about the emails I have from PayPal for this issue because the first says the transaction was declined so the savings account was removed from my PayPal account. Then I got a second email saying that my bank said the account was closed, but the account is not closed it just reached the transfer limit!!  I'm so confused on what is going on here and thought it would be best to talk to someone instead of trying to explain the issue in writing, but I called customer service and have been sitting here FOR 4.5 HOURS ON HOLD WAITING FOR A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TO PICK UP!!! Is this normal for the customer service line??

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.