Already Existed Bank Account

Mili87
Contributor
Contributor

I have encountered this problem that my bank account is confirmed in PayPal but when I try to purchase something, the PayPal page shows "add a payment method" and it doesn't accept when I try the same IBAN number because it is already in my PayPal page! what should I do? Thanks in advance.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mili87 

When you pay with bank account, you may be asked to add a card as back up funding source in order for the bank payment to go as an instant bank transfer (PayPal fronts the money ahead immediately to the seller and wait for your bank payment to clear), otherwise, the bank payment will go as an eCheck and due to the fact that eChecks are super slow and the merchant/seller has to wait for it to clear the bank first before processing/shipping your order (or declines and so they are waiting for nothing), some merchants may not accept it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mili87 

When you pay with bank account, you may be asked to add a card as back up funding source in order for the bank payment to go as an instant bank transfer (PayPal fronts the money ahead immediately to the seller and wait for your bank payment to clear), otherwise, the bank payment will go as an eCheck and due to the fact that eChecks are super slow and the merchant/seller has to wait for it to clear the bank first before processing/shipping your order (or declines and so they are waiting for nothing), some merchants may not accept it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Mili87
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. How may I solve my problem now? I think I need to give another card's information or is there anything I would be able to do? 

Login to Me Too

chemsoldier79
Contributor
Contributor

Im having the same problem. But you know whats funny? I type in the paypal cash card I have, and it says not supported I hit the link and I get a 404 error. This has been one damn joke. Paypal doesn't support their own cards LOL. Pathetic company

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.