Airbnb mistakenly sent money on old email address.

Ario1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello community,

I host a listing on Airbnb and it was linked with my PayPal. 2 weeks ago I changed my email address on PayPal but forgot to change it on Airbnb. 

So recently I had a guest at my listing and after they left, Airbnb sent the money to my old email address. It says I have to claim money meaning there is no account related to the email address. I've contacted Airbnb to resend the money to my new email address but all they said is that the money left their possession and that I should contact PayPal, which I did. However, PayPal just keeps sending me a generic email about sending and receiving money.

Anyone had an experience like this? I was thinking about creating an account on the old email address and then withdrawing money before closing it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ario1

If you still own that email address then 'add' it to your paypal account and verify it and the funds should show.

You can have up to 8 email addresses on the x1 paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ario1

If you still own that email address then 'add' it to your paypal account and verify it and the funds should show.

You can have up to 8 email addresses on the x1 paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ario1
Contributor
Contributor

That worked instantly. Thanks a lot @kernowlass!

Login to Me Too

bsh
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, the same thing happened to me just some 3 days ago.

Today I received a message that turned out to be a spoof or scam or something - and I tried to add back my old address but I couldn't, PayPal said that this email is connected to another account. 

It's a substantial amount of money.

Have I lost my money?

Login to Me Too

Erica81
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I am haviungng the same problem. However, I do not 'own' the old address anymore, so when iadd i, it makes no difference. @kernowlass would you have another idea? In other words, Airbnb has sent funds with old address as reference. I no longer own that address. So how do i retrieve funds?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.