Adding a tracking number

Shannon_95
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have requested a payment from someone who i have sold something to. 

I then had an email from paypal confirming they cannot add the funds to my account until i have let them know the tracking number. 

I have the tracking but cannot seem to find where to add it. 

Help!! 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
First, be careful. There is a scam I'm seeing a lot where people try to use this procedure to trick you.

Do you see the transaction in your PayPal activity log at all? If so, click into the details, and you'll find a link in there that allows you to add the tracking number to the transaction.

If you don't see the transaction in your activity log then it didn't happen, and they never sent any payment at all. The email you got could be a fake, where they are claiming you need to ship the item before funds will be released.

Again, if there is no transaction showing in your activity log for this sale then no payment was made. If there is, then that's where you'll find the link to enter the tracking number.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Shannon_95
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!! Is there any way PayPal can help with this as obviously I have sent the item?
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Does the tracking show delivered? If not, call the carrier and try to put a stop shipment order on it, or have it reversed to come back to you. There may still be time to get that done.

PayPal isn't going to be able to do much here. Without a transaction on their system, they really have nothing at all to do with this.

Login to Me Too

Shannon_95
Contributor
Contributor
I have a pending transaction on my PayPal activity? And I have tried and called Royal Mail who have said they cannot hold the delivery?
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Okay, well then as I said before, if you see the transaction in the activity log it's probably legit. You just need to click into the details of this transaction and find the link to Add Tracking Number.

Select your carrier and paste in the tracking number and you should be good to go.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.