Account withdrawal from both Paypal and Bank account.

Leontin
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, first time poster here!

I was just a little worried when I checked my Paypal today. To make it short and simple I recieved a large refund just now from Ebay regarding a problematic purchase and looked to see the balance. Strangely enough it seemed to be what it was before except a little higher. I looked through my transaction history and I see some other purchases which I do recognize but not as being made from my paypal but rather my bank account. They are linked by the way.

So I guessed that all along I was in actuality using my paypal balance to pay instead and the refund I received just replenished that spending money plus a little extra. 

But then when I check my bank account transactions I see the same ones being done over there. Im confindent that Paypal wouldnt unnecessarily make 2 identical payments for no reason but I dont understand whats happened here. 

Is it the case that I just havnt received my refund yet and Im remembering wrong? It does say refund received. Should I rather contact Paypal about this?

Thank you for your input.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leontin 

When you make a payment through PayPal, your funding source shows a transaction as well as on your PayPal account activity if you logged in to PayPal to pay. If you paid as PayPal Guest checkout (no PayPal log in) the transaction would only show on the funding source account and not PayPal account activity.

Now with refunds on bank payments, the funds will go back to your PayPal balance but then it would be withdrawn back to your bank account. If you paid with PayPal balance (which you can confirm by looking up the original eBay transaction payment next to the words, "Paid by"), the refund will end up in your PayPal balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.