Account verification

Wit13
New Community Member
Do i get the $2.45 back or how does this work. I was told it would be refunded but only $1.00 was refunded an $2.45 was also takin???
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Wit13,

Welcome to our Community!

The first charge of $1.00 is a temporary authorization charge. This transaction is a temporary authorization charge. An authorization is a common method banks use when validating that credit cards are active and available for online payments. When a card is added or changed on your PayPal account, we temporarily charge $1.00 USD charge  as part of the authorization process. When you add a card to your PayPal account we send an email informing you about this temporary charge. This should release back to your account on the same day. 

The $2.45, this amount as well as 4-digit PayPal code will appear on your card statement  The code sequence is as follows: PayPal*1234CODE or PP*1234CODE. You will need the first 4 digits to confirm your card. We will then reimburse these charges immediately once we have received your confirmation.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.