Account being blocked?

dmuldowney
New Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm working on trying to pay for server hosting that some friends and I have pooled together for, and I keep running into frustrating issues with my account. I've created a second account to act as the middle man for these payments, however I am unable to send money from my main account to this new one. I keep getting the generic error about how it can't process my transaction, then I'm pointed towards the more generic tips in the 'Help' menus.

I've tried making a purchase directly with both accounts as a test to see if one was somehow set up incorrectly. My main account is barred with the message, "Sorry, we can't complete your purchase at this time," while the other one is allowed to pass through, followed by the prompt for payment information.

I've set the default payment for my main as the 'PayPal Balance,' as that contains the funds I desire to use to make this purchase.  I've been on my main account for several years, and this is the first time I've run into any conflicts like this. I'm not trying to wait several weeks to juggle this money around between PayPal and my bank account as an alternative solution. I've also checked to see if there were any holds, limitations or SOMETHING preventing me from doing this. I have yet to find anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dmuldowney

Firstly you may not have a limitation now but be careful as you are ONLY allowed 2 Paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

If you have 2 of the same kind you risk both being limited.

Secondly do you have a back up card or bank account on the account you are having problems paying using your paypal balance?

Reason I ask is that Paypal will allow you to use your balace for a while but then their security will kick in and expect you to add a back up card to verify that account before you can continue using funds in that balance.

If I have got the wrong end of the stick then your best bet is to give c.s a call to help you.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thelollyshop
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having a similar problem! I have opened my PayPal account and created the user as my business name in the first and last name fields. Now as I need to verify my account I can’t as my drivers license is in my personal name (which PayPal refuses to accept) then I attempted sending my trade mark documentation (refused again as its not a birth certificate) I’ve attempted contacting them now 6 times without response and now my account is unable to transfer any money across into my personal PayPal. I’m using this PayPal account to run a business and now there are funds I can’t even access. I can’t reach anyone for help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.